iMarvel Home Page
The Mail Wizard is a good way to quickly send e-mail over the Internet. The Mail Wizard gives you these benefits:
- Fast Speed: There really is no quicker web-based e-mail program anywhere! When you send e-mail, it's sent in a separate window without waiting for a response from the server. This way, you can start writing another message immediately, or continue surfing the Web.
- Carbon Copy: You can e-mail a copy to your own e-mail address.
The Mail Wizard's main drawback is that it does not yet allow you to receive and read e-mail. When someone replies to the messages you send from iMarvel, you'll receive the reply with your usual e-mail application.
- Signature: You can create a signature to put at the end of all your messages.
Before using the Mail Wizard for the first time, set your "signature". Write the usual ending for your messages in the Display area, then click the "Set Signature" button. Then whenever you compose a message, you can click the "Sign" button to add it to your message.
To e-mail a message, first fill in the "Send To:" and "Reply To:" boxes with e-mail addresses (you can use the Tab key to move around.) Fill in the "Name:" box if you want to make an entry in the Address Book. The "Subject:" and "Carbon Copy:" boxes are optional.
Now compose a message in the "Memo Pad:" area. You can use all the normal editing keys to move the cursor around, including the arrow keys. You can Select some text by holding down the Shift key while you move the cursor. You can then hold down the [Ctrl] key and press "X" to delete that text to the clipboard (or press [Ctrl]-C to transfer a copy to the clipboard, without deleting it.) Anything in the clipboard can be pasted to and from your other programs, normally by pressing [Ctrl]-V.
To send off the message, simply click "Sign", and then click "Send Now".
To send off the message, simply click the E-Mail button.
Here's explanations for the many features you see in the Mail Wizard:
- Name: The name of the person who will receive the message.
- Add?: When you check this box and fill in the Name: field, the address will automatically be added to the Address Book when you send the message.
- Reply To: Your e-mail address, where you'll receive replies to messages you send.
- Send To: The e-mail address you're sending the message to.
- Subject: What the message is about.
- Alphabetize: This will alphabetize words or lines in the Memo Pad.
- Carbon Copy: Check this box if you want to send a copy of the message to your own e-mail address.
- E-Cards: This opens a window to the Blue Mountain Arts web site, where you can send free electronic greeting cards by e-mail.
- Organizer: This opens a window to the Magical Desk web site, which gives you free e-mail, a calendar and address book.
- FaxAway: To address your message to any fax machine, type someone's fax number in the Send To: box, then click this button. This feature uses the "FaxAway" faxing service , which covers all of America. At the time of this writing, they give you about 15 free faxes, then they charge about 10 cents per fax. Sign up at FaxAway before you use this feature.
- FreeFax: You can use this button to address a message to someone's fax machine using the "TPC-INT" free faxing service. This service is available in about 10% of America, along with many other countries where coverage may actually be more complete. To get a complete list of covered areas, send any e-mail to their auto-responder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ICQ Chat: To address your message to someone's ICQ pager, type their ICQ number in the Send To: box, then click this button.
- Mailto: This link launches the default mail program for your browser (such as Outlook Express), using the address listed in the "Send To:" box.
- NetGram: If you click this button, it adds "@netgram.com" to the Send To: box. The NetGram service allows you to send e-mails to postal addresses for less than a dollar each. To learn about the service and perhaps sign up for it, visit NetGram.
See also: Address Book, Memo Pad.
- Next Message: This clears the text-boxes, to prepare for the next message.
- Preview: Click this to see how your message looks in a separate window.
- Recommend: If you like our programs and you think your friends will too, click this button to recommend them to your friends.
- Send Now: To send the message right away, click this link.
- Set Signature: The contents of the Memo Pad are stored as the usual ending for your messages whenever you click the "Sign" button.
- Sign: Clicking this link will add the stored signature to your message.