iMarvel Home Page
Searching The Internet Explanation
Searching The Internet:
The all-HTML version of the Search Wizard allows you to search some
of the best Internet directories immediately (InfoSeek, Yahoo and NetGuide.)
Simply type the search term, then click Go. To search about 40 other search engines, click the link labeled
All-In-One Search Page.
An effective trick is to use the tab key to move around to various parts of this
Here's how to use the Search Wizard to search for anything on the Internet:|
You can simultaneously search multiple directories by
holding down the [Ctrl] key while you click on several search engines.
- Click on the text-box labeled "Find:".
- Type a search term into this box.
- Optionally, click on the select-box with the list of search
directories, and highlight one or more search sites. If you skip this step, you'll automatically use
the Yahoo search site.
- Click the GO button to start the search. On
some browsers, you can just press [Return] or [Enter].
The following options are available:
- No: If you want to avoid sites with a certain term, type it
here. For example, suppose you want to search for information on mustang
horses, but don't want to read about the Ford Mustang Car, type "car"
in this box.
- At: If you want to search only one site, name it here. For
example, you could type "imarvel.com" if you want to search only the pages of
the iMarvel site.
- Exact Phrase?: Check this box if you want to search for the
exact phrase that you typed in the box labeled Find:.
See also: Favorites Wizard,
Internet Traffic Wizard.